Sunday, March 21, 2010

Revoltech Valkyrie VF -1s Roy Focker

Spot the screw up here?

Heheh, I always end up with second options, supposed to buy Signum, except, she's sold out=_=, F same with Date, so I end up with this.Being The first Yamaguchi revol-line I have,and also the FIRST VF, or at least the last I'll ever have^^;, Im happy as Hell!



Tons of Ad papers here, I wanted the assemble borg though^^

Instruction booklet...Its my "life saver"

Box Content:


Man do I love these new accecory box, its better than those figma plastic bag, nicer too. The coin, is freakin useless unless your in the country of Nihon.

It also Includes the new stands that has more articulation, the socket sucks though.

Mounting the Gun, actually took me 3 minutes to figure out, how to mount it

until I accidentally removed the gunbarrel, I just nocticed that its collapsible. Nice, maybe next time why not put it in the instructions!

recent studies show, that many VF pilots died because the wings f-cked up on them. The wings are really loose

The regular gundam base stand, is still the clear winner of base stands

Chicken mode,the common joke

Behold its Might and glory...No its just F-cking loose>.<

Gerwalk mode:

Gerwalk mode, its what seperate Transformer and Gundams seperate from each other, otherwise, the "missing link"

Err, ugh, this is disturbing, really...

It took me a while to figure what the f-wk are this things supposed to be, and I figured, this are hooks, made for the hands, there actualy not bad...until the pegs on the arms got stuck inside the arms, then the hooks became useless, if it wasn't for the mighty paper clip, the pegs would still be stuck.

So...F-wking...LOOOSE!!!

Batroid mode:


Wow, I actually find this mode rather stable, if not inaccurate, the back filled with pegs, but it definitely aint worse than bionicle



In the world of Gundam, except G gundam, heads are useless weak back up, none the less cool,in the world of SRW, there cool and deadly, and in the world of Macross, head are just useful. Seriously before watching macross, I though these were some funky antenas like V fins, until I notice these were lasers, and theres four of them, wow, why do they even carry gattling gun?

comes with 8 hands, I only showed four cause the smaller hands were a joke,and the other two are in use.

Im a shooting Vajras, I mean Zentradi soldiers~_~.


Hikaru Ichijyo, come with me if you want to live

Happy valentines?

Farewell,Salute!!

Scene from Macross zero, not really, I just need to pose the VF in the pic with the revoltech stand in it.


Damn Skull Logo is so Bad@ss, that it rivals that of crosbone. either way it makes a pirate flag look stupid.

Extras


Arios: HOLY CR@P, Its starcream


Roy:WTF Im Roy Focker!!
Arios: Heheh,you said F-cker^^


Roy: How's these for FOCKER, IDIOT!!!
Arios: OH FFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

"Reach out for the truth"


Any macross fan should consider getting one of these products, since these is one of the few unique revoltechs out so far, and tackling the complexity of a Valyrie, handling through all three transformation stages with little part swapping, though people still new to the mecha should refer to the "all mighty Instruction booklet", its Pretty great, though major issue is looseness, I wont bother you that much.

Now hopefully they would start on Strumgovel and the VF-25 series.

16 comments:

LEon said...

Detail review.

When Arios said "HOLY CR@P, Its starcream", do you mean starscream? actually the TF G1 version which look like macross is called Jetfire. :)

Gunstray said...

>> LEon: hmmm, In my old days I shouted Holy cow its starscream, except a chick was "piloting it"

Jetfire, heheh I remembered seeing that from dennis Blog, and it does look like a VF-1

Sorry for that confusion, I was suddenly reminded by my child hood^^;;;

Anonymous said...

nice review! Now I know the joints are loose ^^

chicken mode XD

chrismandesign said...

aha... Kaiyodo’s revoltechs r a good & affordable option to get great figures (in some case more than in other cases) & this macross (even with the "loose" problem -did anybody say something bout the "loose" problem before ??? i dun think so...) is very attractive, specially for the 3 modes transformation, the clear base is interesting as well... i like the chocolate candy VF-S1 version the most... =X

DivineLight said...

It's a Macross.
do you also buy the model kit of Macross? they kinda looks very great.

Unknown said...

LOL Roy F*cker

I never knew there are Macross mechas from Revoltech... Guess i am really noob.... =.=

Mafty said...

ohoo.. a revoltech...

and a brutal one...

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Hey, I got this too! Thx for the 1st review cos mine's still in the box.

Gunstray said...

>> Heathorn: Heheh, Thanks, and should have done more chicken parody^^

>> Chrismandesign: mmmm Chocolate VF^^;;; and Yes random Figure boards have mentioned about how loose the joints are.

>> Divinelight: Unfortuantely I havent encountered one yet, but I will though.

>> EXkurogane: Heheh dont worry, Im a noob when it came to (ero)Figures/figma releases.

>> Maftynavue: LOL brutal^^

>> Dennis: You still have it in the box? Oh well, plz review yours too, I want to read your opinions.

Lightning Sabre said...

I thought about getting this since it's Revoltech and it should/might be better than what I had before. It doesn't look like there's any improvement from the older toys. I wonder how these compare to the ones that Yamato makes. The price definitely matches the quality ^^;

Gunstray said...

>> LS: It'spretty cheap, I guess, then again Evertoys is the only shop that has updated revoltechs and figma's.

Suprisingly, the older yamatowhere more sturdier, and has stiffer joints

Q said...

So it's just as I have read in other places, Revoltech's VFs are quite loose then. Sounds like it's a bit of a pain to transform then, but still quite cool how it can trasnform there.

Ah it's good to know that the smaller Gundam Action bases are compatible with Revoltechs as well. Will keep that in mind~

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Cute indeed.

Gunstray said...

>> Quentin: Small Gundam actions bases WIN, I wish yamaguchi do Strumvogel next^^

>> Willie aka reptoz: heheh^^

Anonymous said...

Cool. The Revoltech VF-1, and its none other than Roy himself. Do note, that the Revoltech stands are also compatible with 1/144 gunplas.

As for the lasers on the head, they're for shooting down missiles and other smaller, fast moving targets. Think of it as a laser version of vulcans from the Gundam-verse.

Gunstray said...

>> BD77: Hahah, thanks for the tip. Still lasers as vulcans, wow didnt thought bullet and laser power would swapped places in the macross universe.