Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sooo...about Gundam AGE

Woo wee, I havent posted in like forever in this blog, and then bam! New gundam series sees a lot of hate among bloggers...

Don't trust the scan, don't trust the translator

I actually like it, well the first concept. I'm a manchild I'll admit merchandise driven animations involving robots have always been my hobby. And yes I would so pay for the dragon mecha or the blue Gundam age.



Good ol bandai preparing the shelf warmers

So if it is merchandise driven, there's a good chance gundam will once again be known in the west( not just by internet). But...




So kids show right? Uh huh pretty Grimdark. I actually thought this was Bandai's makeover of V Gundam due to the kiddish designs of the protagonist. But this is just damn harsh at the start.

Gunpla is art, Gunpla is cheaper than a naked whore posing for a painting

So the lesson to be learned here, be open-minded you never know if shit is going to be enjoyable or not

PV here if you want to see it, though I don't trust Youtube with all that annoying copyright blocks and issues

YB: Click this
Nico: Insert >http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm14732820< to this

8 comments:

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

I think this is more like another Gunpla Builder kind of short anime clip. I'm no impressive by the MS design.

chrismandesign said...

rarely the merchadising crew consist of manga artist (if that were possible !!!???) so u cannot expect that much from the latest releases... but sometimes, few times, something good comes...

Anonymous said...

It's still too early to judge it..
Wait till I watch it with my own eyes!^^
OCT 2011!!

Aya said...

Welcome back :D long time no see :D

hmm simple gundam design with limbs replacement sounds like improved version of Strike/Impulse

Unknown said...

A lot of hate from me also. LOL
Im calling this All-Genre Ero Gundam! XD

Anonymous said...

some say that this will have a 'dark' story. I will wait and see.

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for adding me to your blogroll! I've added you back :D

Like heathorn I'll be waiting it out too, as so far it looks too much like those kids' anime series that are based on toys (like Beyblade, Battle B-Daman etc.).

Gunstray said...

TEST:

Here you go mate